Crossing the Blues, University of the Nations, Social Work and Education

Lady Gaga's 'Judas' Video Is 'Groundbreaking,' Laurieann Gibson Says

Crossing the Blues, University of the Nations, Social Work and Education, Shop Clothes Online, Radiology Information Social Work and Education
Lady Gaga is ready to tell her version of the Bible in her "Judas" video, which recently wrapped production in L.A. MTV News caught up with the video's co-director and Gaga's creative director, Laurieann Gibson, to talk about the clip as well as her new E! show "The Dance Scene," debuting Sunday. 
"I will tell you now, first off, I'm Christian, and my career is evidence of God in my life, and I think that most people are already thinking that Gaga and the blasphemy and they're premeditating the approach and I think they'll be very shocked to find out how huge and really groundbreaking the message is and how freeing the message is for all the right reasons," she said. "And it's really going to shock the world."
The cast includes some big-name cameos as well, including Norman Reedus as Judas. "He was so prolific," she declared of his performance, adding that the video is "badass" and that Gaga will play Mary Magdalene.
The two ladies took it upon themselves to make sure the video's direction was perfect — so they just decided to direct it themselves. "There was elements of 'Born This Way' during our collaboration [with director Nick Knight] and, as much as I loved it, there were moments where, for me, it didn't really evolve as I had inspired of the actual creative, which was still fine.
"But when we got to 'Judas,' it was very clear to me and the inspiration was very clear to her. We approached a director, but then the dates actually got messed up and it was conflicted and her manager and her looked at me [and asked me to direct it with her]."
Gibson said she took a moment before agreeing, as she had just wrapped up work on Lady Gaga's Monster Ball HBO special, premiering in May, but she "couldn't resist. It's a phenomenal video: really powerful, really impactful. She's such a strong, committed artist. Her loyalty to me is something I will be forever grateful for. We're spiritually connected. We need each other ... and 'Judas' is ultimately a representation of our true bond."

Blog Archive